Sunday, December 14, 2008

TRANSFER?

Yes, I want to transfer to UP (University of the Philippines) next school year. Sadly, my parents still won't allow me. Harsh much? It's so like my dream to enter UP.

I passed UPCAT. I got qualified for the Mindanao Campus (but I can go to the Diliman Campus, too). I know, it's too late to regret. I'm already in my 1st year, 2nd semester in Ateneo. But still, I really want to study in UP!

I don't want my course (AB Economics) anymore. This isn't my course of choice. I want to pursue Mass Communications or Communication Arts (there's a fine line between the two). I don't want to go to Law School after college. I'm just forced to take this course and continue on to Law School after college.

Crap. I love my dad so much. That's why I'm doing this for him. I'm his only hope of becoming his successor. Pressure!

Jealousy punches me hard on the face everytime my MassCom classmates talk about their future major subjects -- photography, film making, media, etc. I wish I could join them. Crap. I'm stuck with my 6 other Econ classmates for the rest of my college years. I'm trying hard not to think about what I can do if I were a MassCom student.

I've always wanted to be behind the works. I wanted to be a part of a production crew. I can actually myself in that kind of field. Working late and going out of town for some shoot. Hanging out with celebrities as if they were my neighbors. Having fun with what I'm doing. Yeah, that's exactly the kind of job I want to have in the near future.

I can vaguely see the future with what I'm taking right now. I can't imagine my life revolving around cases and stuff like that. I don't even study that hard. I don't read extensively. I don't have enough knowledge of what's happening around the world's economic crisis, let alone the recession happening in the US. I don't have the guts to pursue such career path. I'm not as interested as my father. It's his life that I'm presuming, not my own. For once, I want to have a real life of my own. Can't I have that?


Sickening. Downright absurd. Pathetic. Crappy. Asinine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home