Monday, February 23, 2009

ON CRYING AND ITS IRONY

I watched the Academy Awards yesterday morning and I found myself teary-eyed when Heathe Ledger won Best Supporting Actor for his role as the Joker in The Dark Knight. He deserved all right.

Sean Penn did deserve that award. I knew it'll be him bagging the Best Actor Award. Brad Pitt did a splendid job on The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, but Sean Penn's portrayal as Harvey Milk was amazing (I'll go over the details in a short while). And actually, I haven't watched Milk when I saw the Academy Awards. Judging by the trailers, I could tell that he's gonna be the Best Actor. My mom opted for Brad Pitt and then she lost over the bet. Haha.

After the Academy Awards, I immediately watched Milk. My judgment was utterly correct. Sean Penn's portrayal was very believable. Definitely impressing and moving, he was. Towards the end of the movie, I burst into tears. I mourned over Harvey Milk's death. It's as if I were there, present at that time. And now I'm spacing out because I remembered that specific moment.

Slumdog Millionaire's a great movie. It depicted the truths and realities of life. I loved every bit of the movie. Jamal joined the game show because of Latika (love is still involved after all). But because of the experiences, he was able to achieve what he really wanted. So basically, the movie is about determination. Jamal was determined to win join the contest for Latika so that he would win Latika's heart (in the real sense).

I wasn't that coherent now, was I? Ugh, really don't care. I just needed to write something new and fresh, that's all. Now that my project is done, I shall go to bed now.



I thought I posted this last night? Ugh. Lousy Blogspot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home